“Customer” means any entity that purchases the Subscription Services or other Perspectium services or products.
“Customer Data” includes data or information electronically submitted to Perspectium as part of the services.
"Personal Information" means any information relating to (i) an identified or identifiable natural person and (ii) an identified or identifiable legal entity (where such information is protected in a similar way as personal data or personally identifiable information under applicable Data Protection Laws) where for each (i) or (ii), such data is Customer Data. Personal Information may include name, email address, IP address, telephone number, address, billing information or date of birth. Personal Information does not include information that is anonymized, or publicly-available information.
“Processing” means any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Information, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, use, organization, storage, alteration or destruction, disclosure, or transfer.
"User Contributions” means content or other materials that You and other third-party users of the Website may post on bulletin boards, blogs, or chat rooms on the Company’s Websites.
How Information is Collected
Generally, you may browse the Website without providing any Personal Information. However, Perspectium may collect Personal Information you input into the Website as follows:
- Perspectium uses common Internet technologies, such as cookies and Web beacons, to keep track of interactions with the Company's Website and emails.
- When you request additional information or register on Perspectium’s Website, the Company will ask you to provide basic contact informationsuch as your name and email address.
- Services may also include Customer Support, where you choose to submit information regarding a problem you are experiencing with the service. When you submit such information, you may be asked to provide contact and other information that is helpful in resolving the issue.
- When you purchase Perspectium’s applications or services (the “Services”), the Company will ask you to provide billing information.
- When you register for or attend corporate events, the Company will ask you to provide basic contact information, billing information, and information on your participation in the events on Perspectium’s Website.
- When using forms on the Website to communicate with us, you may choose to provide other Personal Information, such as your name, company name, mailing address, phone number, and email address.
How Information is Used
The Personal Information collected by and through the Website may be used by Perspectium or its subsidiaries that are involved in the operation of the Website. We may use the information collected and provided, individually or in an aggregate form, in order to:
- contact you about the Website or Services, including without limitation notifying you about important changes to the Website;
- to provide you with additional information about the Company’s services, partners, promotions, and plan or host events;
- to improve the Company’s Website and Services;
- to provide you with the Services you request or provide you with specific information to you from us;
- to resolve technical issues you encounter and to respond to your requests for assistance.
- to verify accounts and activity, to monitor suspicious or fraudulent activity and to identify violations of Service policies.
- customize any advertising and content you see on the Website;
- Comply with any court order or other legal obligation; and
- To protect our legitimate business interests,carry out our obligations or enforce the Agreement.
- We may share or transfer information that we collect in connection with any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
Additionally, we may work with third-party service providers to provide website and application development, hosting, and other services for us, which may require them to access or use information about you. If a service provider needs to access information about you to perform services on our behalf, they do so under close instruction from us, including policies and procedures designed to protect your information.
We may use Customer Data to provide the Services. Notwithstanding anything else to the contrary in this Privacy Statement, we will not use, disclose, review, share, distribute, transfer or reference any Customer Data except to perform the Services, as otherwise permitted in the Customer Agreement, or as required by law. Since each Customer is in control of what information, including any Personal Information, it collects from its users, how that information is used and disclosed, and how that information can be changed, users of the Subscription Services must contact the applicable Customer administrator with any inquiries about how the Customer uses and discloses Personal Information and how to access or correct Personal Information contained in Customer Data.
Perspectium does not share, sell, rent, or trade personally identifiable information with third parties for their independent use. Perspectium may share information collected with other companies that work on Perspectium’s behalf.
Disclosures Required by Law
We will process your Personal Data when cooperating with public and government authorities, courts or regulators in accordance with our legal obligations under applicable laws to the extent this requires the processing or disclosure of Personal Data to i) meet national security or law enforcement requirements, or ii) is necessary to protect or rights and for our legitimate interests to protect against misuse or abuse of our websites, to protect personal property or safety, or iii) to pursue remedies available to us and limit our damages, or iv) to comply with a judicial proceedings, court order or legal process, and/or to respond to lawful requests.
Right to Access Information and Requests for Corrections or Erasure of Information
If you want us to correct your Personal Information or other information, or if you would like us to provide you with a copy of the Personal Information that we hold about you in connection with the Website, or if you would like the Personal Information that we hold about you to be erased, please contact us by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at Perspectium Corp, Attn: Privacy Officer, 10301 Meanley Drive, Suite 250, San Diego, CA, 92131. We will respond to any such requests within 30 days of receipt.
Rights to Limit the Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information when using our Website.
- If you do not wish to have your e‑mail address used for promotional purposes by Perspectium, You may withdraw this consent at any time by notifying us at email@example.com, or by writing to Perspectium Corp, Attn: Privacy Officer, 10301 Meanley Drive, Suite 250, San Diego, CA, 92131.
- Additionally, every marketing email from Perspectium contains instructions on how to opt out of receiving further marketing emails from the Company. Event registrants and attendees may update their user profiles for events we host by logging into the applicable event website or registration page.
- Certain jurisdictions, for example the European Economic Area, provide their residents specific privacy rights under applicable law. We will process your requests to exercise such rights, including if you object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information, in accordance with applicable data protection laws. You may send us an e‑mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In addition, if we process your personal information in reliance upon your consent, you can contact us at any time to withdraw your consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority if you are unhappy about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. We will respond to such requests in accordance with the requirements of applicable data protection laws. Please note that in order to fulfil your request, we may need you to provide certain information to verify your identity.
- "Do Not Track" Signals. Some browsers have incorporated "Do Not Track" (DNT) features that can send a signal to the websites you visit indicating you do not wish to be tracked. Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret the DNT signal, our Services do not currently respond to browser DNT signals. You can use the range of other tools we provide to control data collection and use, including the ability to opt out of receiving marketing from us as described above.
You should review this Privacy Statement carefully, because if you do not agree with our practices, you can also choose not to use the Website.
Information Gathering Tools
Perspectium uses commonly-used information-gathering tools, such as cookies and Web beacons, to collect information as you explore the Company’s Website (“Website Information”). As described more fully below, we and/or our partners use these cookies or similar technologies to analyze trends, administer the Website and Services, track users’ movements around our Website and the Services, serve targeted advertisements and gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. This section describes the types of Website Information used on the Company’s Websites and Services, and how this information may be used:
Domain Name and IP Address
We collect the domain names and IP addresses of our visitors for statistical purposes, to measure use, to improve the content or responsiveness of the Website, or to customize the content or layout of the Website for the individual visitor. We do not disclose this information to third parties. We may also aggregate information relating to our visitors' traffic patterns from the data that we collect and retain concerning the IP addresses and domain names of our visitors, and we may divulge such aggregate information about our users with third parties such as our business partners, and service and support providers.
A cookie is an element of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then be stored on your system. We use “cookies” to help us improve our Website. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it. You may also set your browser to alert you when cookies are being sent. However, if you do so, please note that some parts of our Website may then be inaccessible or may not function properly.
We use “cookies” to do any or all of the following:
- help us improve our Website;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website;
- authenticate your access to various areas of our Websiteor maintain your login information for as long as you are using the Website; or
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
Perspectium uses Web beacons alone or in conjunction with cookies to compile information about Customers and usage of the Company’s Website and interaction with emails from the Company. Web beacons are clear electronic images that can recognize certain types of information on your computer, such as cookies, when you viewed a particular Website or service tied to the Web beacon, and a description of a Website or Service tied to the Web beacon.
Perspectium uses Web beacons to operate and improve the Company’s Website, Services and email communications.
We create two sets of log files. Agent log files are stored within the agent on premise with the customer and we have no access to these files unless explicitly given access by the customer. Additionally, we also keep Message Broker Service (MBS) log files. The MBS files do not contain customer specific data except for information about the source of the information, which could link back to the company name. MBS log files are kept for fifteen (15) days.
Social Media Features
Public Forums and Blogs
Perspectium may provide bulletin boards, blogs, or chat rooms on the Company’s Websites.User Contributions may be posted on the Company’s Websites. Any Personal Information you choose to submit in such a forum may be read, collected, or used by others who visit these forums, and may be used to send you unsolicited messages. Perspectium is not responsible for the Personal Information or User contributions you choose to submit in these forums.
You should know that e-mail is not necessarily secure against all forms of interception. If your communication includes sensitive information about your company and you would prefer not to transmit this information in this fashion, please contact us by mail or telephone rather than e-mail.
We collect email addresses that are: volunteered by the visitor; through e-mail messages addressed to us or our employees; through visitor responses via the "contact us" portion of the Website; or e-mail marketing destination web pages and public events. We use e-mail addresses for marketing purposes and to inform those interested in our products about events, products, services or other items of interest. We may also use e-mail addresses volunteered by our visitors to register the visitor for an extranet account, to process orders for brochures and other written materials, or otherwise to respond to a visitor's request.
On the Website we will ask you to consent to being contacted by us for promotional and marketing purposes. However, you may opt-out of receiving promotional or marketing emails at any time by notifying us as a reply to any unwanted e-mail, by using the unsubscribe function in our newsletter, contacting us at email@example.com, or by writing to us at Perspectium Corp, Attn: Privacy Officer, 10301 Meanley Drive, Suite 250, San Diego, CA, 92131. Requests to unsubscribe from Perspectium e-mails may take five (5) business days to process.
This Website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”).
Google Analytics uses “cookies”, to help the website analyze how users use the site. On behalf of the website provider Google may use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the Website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage to the website provider. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
Further information concerning the terms and conditions of use and data privacy can be found at:
8. Personal Information Retention
Personal Information will be stored for as long as the information is required to fulfill our legitimate business needs or the purposes for which the Personal Information was collected, or for such period as is required by law.
Data Transfer to Countries Outside the EU/EEA
Data entered on our website may be stored and processed outside of the U.S. By using our Website, you consent to the collection, storage, transfer and processing of information outside of your country of residence, including in the United States.Please note that in countries outside the country in which you live, and in particular outside the EU/EEA, a different standard of data protection might apply than the standard that you are used to in your own country. By completing and submitting the contact form on our website, you acknowledge and consent that data may be transferred across international borders, including to countries outside the EU/EEA.
Privacy Shield Compliance and Complaints
Perspectium complies with the EU U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss – U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of Personal Information transferred from the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom and Switzerland to the United States. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework and the scope of Perspectium’s participation, please visit the Department of Commerce’s website, located here.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Perspectium commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU, UK and Swiss individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact Perspectium at:
Attn: Privacy Officer,
10301 Meanley Drive, Suite 250,
San Diego, CA 92131
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our third-party dispute resolution provider, their information can be found at https://go.adr.org/privacyshield.html (free of charge).
Perspectium is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). Perspectium has further committed to cooperate with the panel established by the EU data protection authorities (DPAs) and the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) with regard to unresolved Privacy Shield complaints concerning both human resources data transferred from the EU in the context of the employment relationship as well as personally identifiable user data transferred from the EU and Switzerland. Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website, including when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted, you may invoke binding arbitration.
Third Party Transfers
Third Parties Who May Receive Personal Data
We may from time to time employ third parties to perform services on our behalf, such as: (1) data hosting services; (2) sending emails and other communications relating to our products or services; or (3) performing other administrative services for us. Perspectium complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of Personal Information from the EU, EEA and Switzerland, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
Protecting Personal Information
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information when you transmit it from your computer to the Website and to protect such information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. You should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error-free.
Information storage and security
We use data hosting service providers in the United States and countries outside the United States to host the information we transmit as part of the Services. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or by writing to us at Perspectium Corp, Attn: Privacy Officer, 10301 Meanley Drive, Suite 250, San Diego, CA, 92131. While we implement safeguards designed to protect your information, no security system is impenetrable and due to the inherent nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that data, during transmission through the Internet or while transmitted via our systems or otherwise in our care, is absolutely safe from intrusion by others.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
Perspectium reserves the right to change this Privacy Statement. Perspectium will provide notification of the material changes to this Privacy Statement through the Company’s Website at least thirty (30) business days prior to the change taking effect.
Conflicts with Rights under the Privacy Shield Principles
Comments and Questions